Vitamin B6 is an important nutrient for our bodies. It helps with the production of energy and also aids in the production of serotonin, which is a brain chemical that helps regulate our mood. A lack of vitamin B6 can lead to fatigue and tiredness, as well as feelings of depression.
There are a few different ways that you can get vitamin B6 into your system. One way is through foods that are rich in the vitamin.
Best Foods That Contain Essential Levels of Vitamin B6
- Chicken: Chicken is a good source of protein and also contains vitamin B6.
- Eggs: Eggs are another excellent source of protein and also contain vitamin B6.
- Fish: Fish, such as tuna and salmon, are a great source of vitamin B6.
- Beans: Beans, such as black beans and kidney beans, are a good source of the vitamin.
- Nuts: Nuts, such as almonds and peanuts, are a good source of vitamin B6.
- Whole grains: Whole grains, such as oats and wheat, contain vitamin B6.
- Bananas: Bananas are a good source of the vitamin.
If you are not getting enough vitamin B6 in your diet, you may want to consider taking a supplement. Vitamin B6 supplements are available in both pill and liquid form. The recommended daily dose of vitamin B6 is 2 mg for adults. However, if you are pregnant or breast-feeding, the recommended dose is 2.8 mg. If you have any medical conditions that may impact your ability to absorb vitamin B6, your healthcare provider may recommend a higher dose.
While generally considered safe. However, taking too much vitamin B6 can lead to nerve damage. If you take more than 100 mg of vitamin B6 per day, you may start to experience tingling and numbness in your hands and feet. If you experience these symptoms, stop taking the supplement and talk to your nutritionist or healthcare professional.
Vitamin B6 is essential for our mood and energy levels. It is involved in the production of brain chemicals like serotonin and melatonin, which regulate our sleep and wake cycles. Without enough B6, we can become fatigue and depressed.
7 days to a healthier, more vibrant YOU!
Feed your body well, listen to it, and you will benefit in the long run. In my free meal plan, you’ll get 7 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 7 dinners and 7 snacks that help you do just that. Download my free 7 day meal plan and you’ll get an introduction to eating balanced meals and snacks.
Say goodbye to fatigue and hello to a full and vibrant life! Join me over in my Facebook group where we are talking all about how to take back control of your health!