I LOVE this simple street taco recipe. Tacos are ALWAYS a hit at my house and this version is a nice little change to the ordinary taco. There’s a marinade that is best if you can plan ahead and marinade the chicken overnight but you can make a quicker option, too, by just marinating for a few hours. The flavors blend so well and the ingredients are fresh and healthy! You can use your favorite tortilla or make your own from cauliflower tortillas to make them even healthier depending on your goals!
4 Tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1½ Tablespoons lime juice
3 cloves garlic, minced
1½ Tablespoons chipotle chili powder
2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
2 teaspoons smoked or regular paprika
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
freshly ground black pepper
1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
20-22 mini white corn tortillas
1 /2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
fresh lime juice
Hot sauce, optional
- Make chicken marinade by combining all marinade ingredients in a large ziplock bag. Add chicken breasts.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Preheat grill over medium-hight heat, until done.
- Transfer to a plate and allow to rest for a few minutes before chopping into small pieces.
- Warm tortillas on a skillet. Layer 2 tortillas together. Top with chopped chicken, pico de gallo, cilantro, & hot sauce.
- Top it off with some fresh lime juice.