Ever wonder what cauliflower rice tastes like? Or do ever wonder what in the heck you should do with it? You know it would be healthy for you and a way to incorporate vegetables in your diet but you question whether your family would actually even try this.
I like to do anything I can to incorporate vegetables into the family’s diet any chance I get but this recipe was born out of necessity. The dinner plan was for tacos and I had no tortillas and no time to run and get some. BUT, I had cauliflower rice in the fridge. I whipped this up on the fly and it turned out awesome! Thank goodness I actually wrote down what I did otherwise I’d probably still be trying to figure out how I did that that one time.
The texture turned out great and was completely pliable making it easy to wrap for the taco. I’m seeing using this recipe as a base and making the tortillas bigger many opportunities for making wraps for quick, healthy lunches, too. But for now, here’s how you make the tortillas.
2 Cups steamed cauliflower rice (after steaming)
2 T shredded Parmesan (this could totally be optional – thought it would help bind it better)
Salt & Pepper
Other seasonings to taste – I used cilantro and a bit of lime juice
Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Heat oven to 375-400.
1) Take steamed cauli, drain as much excess liquid as you can with a cheesecloth or white dishcloth. WARNING: this is very hot.
2) In a medium bowl, combine eggs, parmesan (or any other cheese), salt and pepper and/or any other seasoning you’d like to try.
3) Add cauli to egg mixture and combine well.
4) Spoon cauli/egg mixture onto pan like you would a pancake on a griddle. There should be enough for 4-6 depending on the size you want.
5) Bake for 20-30 minutes.
6) When ready to use, fry on a dry pan to brown them on each side. A couple minutes is about all it takes.