9 Facts About Real Foods
(and Reasons To Eat Them)
1. We eat too many sugars, salts, and unhealthy fats and carbohydrates. This contributes to chronic diseases such as diabetes, lupus, hypertension, and cardiovascular disease.
2. We don’t eat enough plants. This leaves our diet devoid of the nutrients necessary for our cells to function. Fruits and vegetables have so many vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants which contribute to our health.
3. We eat several hundred calories more than we did in the past. This is due to the increase caloric intake of processed and junk foods.
4. Fast food has become a staple in our diet. This contributes to anti-nutrient intake and #1 above.
5. We feed our kids junk food thinking they are young and active so it doesn’t matter. This contributes to overweight and chronic disease in very young children.
6. We have increased our intake of unhealthy fats. This contributes to inflammation and cardiovascular risk.
7. We think Orange Juice and Apple Juice are healthy. These juice companies are often owned by soda makers like Coca-cola and Pepsi. This contributes to the increased sugar intake and empty calorie consumption.
8. We believe that the labels “natural” and “whole grain” mean healthy when we buy and rely on packaged foods. These labels mean nothing and keep us “hooked” on quick fix, easy meals. This goes for “organic” and “gluten free,” as well.
9. More than 2 billion people have deficiencies in their micronutrient status. (Source)
I can help you find out if you are deficient or not. Contact me for more information. Micronutrient deficiencies are a HUGE problem because if our cells don’t have the right nutrient levels, they don’t work well and this shows up as the various symptoms that people struggle with on a daily basis.
Glutamine & Intestinal Health 14 JULY, 2016 Glutamine is an amino acid found naturally in the body. Amino acids are the basic building blocks of proteins. Proteins are very important components in the body that have many jobs to do including repair and rebuilding of...
Glutamine & Intestinal Health 14 JULY, 2016 There is increasing awareness and use of probiotics to improve gut health and conditions associated with its dysbiosis. There are many reasons to use probiotics to help achieve and maintain health including chronic disease...
Sustainable Foods 14 JULY, 2016 In the article, Nutritional Quality and Safety of Organic Food. A Review by Denis Lairon, several factors between organically grown and conventionally grown fruits, grains, vegetables, and other sustainable foods were discussed. The...