9 Facts About Real Foods
(and Reasons To Eat Them)
1. We eat too many sugars, salts, and unhealthy fats and carbohydrates. This contributes to chronic diseases such as diabetes, lupus, hypertension, and cardiovascular disease.
2. We don’t eat enough plants. This leaves our diet devoid of the nutrients necessary for our cells to function. Fruits and vegetables have so many vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants which contribute to our health.
3. We eat several hundred calories more than we did in the past. This is due to the increase caloric intake of processed and junk foods.
4. Fast food has become a staple in our diet. This contributes to anti-nutrient intake and #1 above.
5. We feed our kids junk food thinking they are young and active so it doesn’t matter. This contributes to overweight and chronic disease in very young children.
6. We have increased our intake of unhealthy fats. This contributes to inflammation and cardiovascular risk.
7. We think Orange Juice and Apple Juice are healthy. These juice companies are often owned by soda makers like Coca-cola and Pepsi. This contributes to the increased sugar intake and empty calorie consumption.
8. We believe that the labels “natural” and “whole grain” mean healthy when we buy and rely on packaged foods. These labels mean nothing and keep us “hooked” on quick fix, easy meals. This goes for “organic” and “gluten free,” as well.
9. More than 2 billion people have deficiencies in their micronutrient status. (Source)
I can help you find out if you are deficient or not. Contact me for more information. Micronutrient deficiencies are a HUGE problem because if our cells don’t have the right nutrient levels, they don’t work well and this shows up as the various symptoms that people struggle with on a daily basis.
CAULIFLOWER TORTILLAS Ever wonder what cauliflower rice tastes like? Or do ever wonder what in the heck you should do with it? You know it would be healthy for you and a way to incorporate vegetables in your diet but you question whether your family would actually...
Food Allergies & Sensitivities 14 JULY, 2016 Food allergies and sensitivities are becoming very prevalent. The common foods this is seen in include cow’s milk, eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, fish and shellfish, and wheat. . In different populations, the occurrence...
The Diet’s Role in Inflammation 14 JULY, 2016 Inflammation is a normal, healthy response to an injury suffered by the body. For example, when there is a cut in your skin, white blood cells rush to the rescue and macrophages get rid of any foreign invaders to avoid...